We are currently seeking a bilingual editor who will be responsible for editing and translating faith formation curricula, as well as print and digital content that represents the various Brands of Bayard, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following products for Pflaum, Living with Christ, Creative Communications, 23rd Publications, and other duties as assigned.
- Write, review, edit and approve clear, concise final content from draft documents from across global business units and processes
- Working with editorial staff, contribute and adhere to product plans including instructional models and editorial guidelines, working within established development schedules and project budgets
- Ability to create content that is consistent relative to tone, grammar, cultural adaptations, and vocabulary for various age levels
- Coordinates scheduling to meet established printing deadlines
- Translates and edits resources as needed, and/or works with and manages translators and existing translations
- Implements the USCCB faith-formation requirements for children preschool to 8th grade
- Build and maintain positive and productive working relationships with peers in art & design, production, marketing, finance, and operations departments
- Practices current contextual methods of New Testament interpretation
- Provide quality control of Spanish language pages on the web
- Executes and follows the established editorial style
- Proofreads with patience and precision, using CMS style
- Must be a prolific speaker and writer in both native Spanish and English with the ability to write strong, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar
- Working knowledge of the Roman Catholic Church is required
- Must have a passion and respect for early learning, particularly in the areas of language acquisition, dual language learning, English language learning, and bilingualism and biliteracy
- Outstanding writer with solid understanding and experience in digital, social media platforms, and the ability to translate educational material into engaging reader-facing language
- Self-motivated researcher with a passion for interactive an immersive storytelling and a passion for uncovering surprising data and colorful details
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of paid content creation experience or journalism experience, ideally in a full-time writing or editing position
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively and manage multiple projects in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.